Friday, January 11, 2013

Jennifer & Martin Quinn

 
 

                                      My Husband and I

 
Martin and I met at work and became good friends. I was a single Mother and Marty was a single Father. Austin was 2 1/2 and Alexis was 6. We started dating soon after and eventually became a family. Marty had full custody of his son and I thought Austin was adorable. He was so young and began calling me Mom shortly after we began dating. Our family was blended and I worried alot! The world tells you many things about blended families and the difficulties. But we never listened and the kids never seemed to mind. We took many family vacations to Disney, Key West, New Jersey...... On weekends we went to museums, flea markets, boating, fairs, zoo's whatever was going on we were a part of it! They were very different children with different make-ups and different needs but one thing was the same we loved them both! Equally! and we insisted our families do the same. Throughout the years we have had good times and bad but our family was never negotiable! We were dedicated to eachother and to our children. I couldn't ask for a better husband and father to our kids! I think all parents question their ability to parent but if our children are any indication of our parenting, I think we did a darn good job! (: We have no doubt we have the love, patience, and space in our hearts to care for an orphan. We have a proven track record of loving children that are not ours biologically. I feel blessed to have Austin as my son and I know Marty feels the same about Alexis. (:








No comments:

Post a Comment