Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Unworthy

 Today I posted a few pics of Willow's Room. I have been blessed to find and receive free clothing, furniture and other used items. I absolutely LOVE old things. Antiques but also used items placed on the side of the road because their owner decided they were not good enough or were past their prime. I am always curious as to the history of these things. The ugly brown coffee table missing its glass sitting behind the shop of a flea market..... to me its Victorian shape and soft curves were perfect! Even the owner of the used furniture shop had no use for it! I had Marty squeeze it into the van and brought it home. I took out the jig saw and cut down a piece of "bead board" painted it white and sanded it just enough to look shabby chic. Perfect!!! I love that table. It sits in my living room. A new life. Brought back from its certain trip to the dump. I sometimes think of the owner and how they "missed out on such a great piece"! All of my rooms are filled with things I've found or people have thrown out. Yard Sales, Flea Markets and Garbage Day excite me the way shoes, jewelry or purses excite other women. As I lovingly helped Marty paint and restore Willow's crib and changing table we had picked up from the side of the road, I thought...... To Christ WE are like these things. We are broken, scarred, "past our prime". Yet he see's us as beautiful! He loves us. I look at my children this way. The way Christ looks at us. I do not see their flaws and imperfections. I know that they are there, just as Christ knows ours. But I simply see with love. I know with attention and nutrition.... they can be renewed. I know through Christ they are Redeemed! I often think about their birth parents and how they are missing out on such wonderful children! They saw them as worthless. They were labeled "Unworthy". But Christ says "Lift up your head!" You have a new name, a new life, and a hope that will carry you home!





No comments:

Post a Comment