Monday, February 9, 2015

Day two


Today I woke up going through the motions of caring for the boys but nervously awaiting contact from Marty. As the morning progressed and I heard nothing.... I felt my anxiety beginning to increase. My good friend Monica offered to take the boys so I dropped off my two rowdiest and brought baby Gage with me to browse Target and run some errands. Every other minute checking my phone! Finally he called! He had made it safely to the apartment in Kiev and was planning on meeting up with another adoptive Dad for dinner. Yay! Not only was he safe but he sounded happy! What a relief! Moments later I found my own anxiety had disappeared and I was looking forward to spending the rest of the day with my boys!

Daddy is always the one to sit with the boys because Mommy is simply busy running amuck! But not today, busy or not they each wanted their "sit and cuddle" time. So setting aside the dishes, sweeping, and endless tasks I sat with each of my boys quietly just like daddy. It was wonderful! The boys and I decided this is one change we are keeping! ;)  Score 1 for Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment