Sunday, November 3, 2013

Give, and it will be given to you...


Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Luke 6:38

Today I watched Dunham's Angel tree in anxious anticipation....... how could people see that face, that smile and not open their hearts? $5, $10, $50! I was certain when I posted to my facebook and threw my fundraisers out there that people would flood his account with generous donations. *sigh.... its just not that easy. People are apprehensive by nature. Despite my disappointment, I knew God was in control. He would bring this child home.
 I saw that his Angel Tree sponsor had posted a request for donations for a lovely young lady whose account still sadly held $9. The same $9 she herself had deposited in this little girls account months earlier. She challenged our group to raise this to $100 by the end of the day. Although we are thousands of dollars away from bringing our son Dunham home. I knew I must do something! I told my husband and he agreed and we made a small donation of $20. No sooner had we sent the payment but my husbands phone binged notifying him of an update. We looked and low and behold someone had placed a $30 donation to Dunham!!!! I knew God's timing was perfect and that if we continued to give and to have faith, he would continue to bless us! another few minutes and his phone binged again, a second donation! This time for $10! God had doubled our gift! My heart is full of such joy! Every penny of every donation goes directly to Dunham and bringing him home to his family. He's only a year old and has no idea of the horror that awaits him when he ages out of the baby orphanage and heads to the institution in a few short years. The thought of this shakes me to the core! It rips into my heart and beckons at me to hurry! time is of the essence. There are NO guarantees for tomorrow. All we have is today!

These pictures of Kirill tell a powerful story.....

                                                       This is Kirill at the Orphanage

 
 
This is Kirill after one year in the institution, home for 3 days

 
and this is Kirill after 11 months with his new family!
 
 
 
 
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
 - Mathew 25:40


If you would like to make a donation to Dunham you may do so by clicking here:


 
There is no small donation. Every donation is a blessing that we are beyond grateful to receive! Please keep Dunham and these other amazing children in your prayers.


FUNDRAISER FOR DUNHAM

 
This is our fundraiser. Please help us bring this child home. I hope that you will place your decal somewhere in your home where it can be a constant reminder of love, family, hope, faith, and God. For a donation of $25 you will receive a wall decal. I ask that you make your donation here: ONE LESS ORPHAN
 then email me your receipt and decal request/details, along with your address to:
 
Many decals can be customized with your family name or child's name. Font may vary and decals  must be simplistic. We will try our best to honor your request, please understand this is a fundraiser and we have limited capability. (:
 
SAMPLES
 


 











2 comments:

  1. I am overjoyed to have found your link on RR. I fell in love with Dunham on RR, and since we are not currently in a position to adopt (praying for one day!) I have been praying for his family to find him nightly. What an amazing God we have, and how blessed Dunham will be to join your family! May God bless your journey!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! We are overjoyed that this adorable boy will be joining our family! We know Gods plan is beginning to reveal itself, and we are seeing our true purpose. Please continue to pray for Dunham! God Bless!

      Delete